Prospective parents visiting the setting during a Covid19 Pandemic.
All parents and carers are welcome to visit the setting and see the pre-school in motion, however, there are a number of requirements to be met before this can happen.
- For now and the foreseeable future, visits will only happen when an appointment has been made to view the setting, unfortunately, we are unable to invite people in without an appointment
- This can be done by contacting the Pre-school Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07783650523/01926491873
You should cancel the appointment made if:
- You or anyone in your household has any signs or symptoms of Covid19, or generally feel unwell. If this is the case another appointment will be made leaving a period of at least 14 days.
- If you have been abroad or visited the areas that are in a local lockdown in the last 14 days
- You arrive to the setting via public transport
- You are unable to attend the settling in session and would need to send someone that didn’t attend the original viewing appointment.
On the day of the visit the following procedure will take place:
Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your appointment.
Only parents are to attend the visit – no extended family members.
We ask that no bags are brought into the setting.
All coats will be left in the reception area – please ensure you bring no valuables into the building. There is a no mobile phone usage policy in place within the setting
- All parents/carers will be required to wear a face mask on entering the building. Children are not required to wear a mask. Pre-school will be available to provide a mask if you arrive without one.
- The manager or deputy manager that is leading the visit will be wearing a face shield.
- Please note: staff will not be wearing face masks as we feel we cannot communicate clearly with children when half of our faces are covered.
- On entering the building you will be required to wash your and your childs hands and use the antibacterial gel that is available
- The childs and parent/carers temperature will be taken on entry
- All parents/carers will need to provide a contact telephone number and a home address in case the setting needs to contact you for track and tracing purposes. If you are unwilling to provide this information the appointment will not take place and you will be asked to leave the building.
- You will be asked to view the rooms from the side lines and we will discourage parents to interact with the children attending the preschool. If your child wishes to go off and play this is acceptable.
- Parents will be able to enter the area in which their child may in the future attend but you will be asked to view through the windows for other areas.
- The manager or deputy manager will show you all the areas of the setting and explain what goes on during the day in each room.
- We do ask that if you have any questions to perhaps make a note of these and questions will be answered in the entrance at the end of the show around. This is to minimize the time you are in the areas that the children play in.
- The finance manager is usually available to answer any questions you may have regarding funding and private fees. Again these questions can be answered in the entrance and not in the office. The finance manager will also wear a face shield.
- If you wish to apply for a place at our setting you will be provided with an application pack to take home. We ask that you complete your application at home and return it as soon as possible. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the setting prior to returning the form. It will be taken that all the information is understood if the form is returned signed and dated. A ‘Zoom’ meeting can be arranged if you would rather complete paper work with a member of staff.
Changes to this policy and procedure.
We keep this policy under regular review.
|Version ||Author ||Date ||Description |
|Original ||Hazel Jones ||August 2020 ||Document Created |
| || || || |
| || || || |
| || || || |