We are now taking bookings for Academic year 2022 – 2023.
Welcome to Coten End Pre-School
- We thank you for taking the time to find us and hopefully the information on this page will give you an overview of what we offer families and their children.
- We pride ourselves on having had a small staff turnover throughout the many years we have been established. Our manager has been at the setting for over 10 years and one of our deputies has been with the setting and seen it grow to what is now for 30 years.
- We have staff with many years experience and in many areas of childcare.
- We, as a setting, believe that we can only offer the best for your child/children if we keep up to date with modern thinking and this has helped us to develop the setting you see now.
- Please take a look through the page and watch the videos and see if we are what you are looking for.
- If you have any questions or would like to arrange a visit to see us in person please telephone or email us.
- Arrangements for visiting the setting may differ from month to month during the Covid19, so it is advisable to telephone to discuss our visiting arrangements first.
- If places are available children can start at the setting any time during the year.
We attained Millies Mark accreditation in July 2019.
It means that we go above and beyond Ofsteds requirements for first aid. Our staff attend Paediatric First Aid training every 12 months rather than 3 yearly as requested by Ofsted. Millies Mark can also inspect us at anytime to ensure we are keeping to their high standards.
Ages 2-3 years
We cater for children aged between 2 and 3 years old in a welcoming bright environment. We are registered for up to 12 children in this area in the morning and 4 children in the afternoon.
2.9months to rising 5’s
Parents/carers will be informed of a childs progress and if it is felt appropriate your child may move to Butterflies at the age of 2.9 months if a little more settling in time is required this will be arranged..
Take a look at our virtual tour and see the children enjoying their time at their setting.
"Children always come back home smiling and happy."
This pre-school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All adults at the pre-school are required to take all welfare concerns seriously and to encourage children and young people to talk to them about anything that worries them. Staff will always act in the best interest of children.
Here at Coten End Pre-school we employ a member of staff that is dedicated to the Senco role.
Learning Through Play
The best way in which children learn is through play and all staff taking an interest in each child's interests.
Parents, we have a range of ways to keep in touch with how your child is doing.
To bring our preschool and your family closer together. Before using Famly staff had to spend an unnecessary amount of time and resources to do any admin and we felt their valuable time was better spent with the children. We also wanted to let parents have free access to their child’s learning journal and improve communications. By using famly we have been able to do this and more, we have received very positive feedback from all our parents.
Coten End Pre-school. Warwickspace, Coten End, Warwick,
- During Covid19 Pandemic
- All parents are to provide 3 changes of clothes in a bag
- All clothes will be washed on site with Fairy pods
- All bags are to stay on site at all times
- Parents are to provide a water bottle that is dishwasher safe
- Children are asked not to bring toys in from home
- Parents are to wear masks when dropping off and collecting children
- All children are to wash their hands at the hand washing stations before entering the building
- As of Friday 1st April, guidance regarding living with Covid has changed.
- Free symptomatic testing using PCRs or LFTs has stopped for most of the population
- People with respiratory symptoms (including COVID-19 symptoms) should stay at home, avoid contact with others and return to normal activities when well enough and don't have a temperature.
- Children who are unwell and have a high temperature should stay at home and avoid contact with other people. They can come back to pre-school when they no longer have a high temperature, and they are well enough to attend.
- If you have still been able to access LFTs and your child tests positive, they should stay at home for 3 days and avoid contact with others. They should then return to school and normal activities only if well enough and don't have a temperature.
- So much time has been missed in the last two years and we are hopeful that the changes to guidance will ensure that children are in pre-school as much as possible.
- When you contact us to let us know about your child's absence we will endeavour to advise you about isolation periods. We will no longer be advising children to be tested as testing is no longer available.
- Monday 25 April 2022
- Pre-school re-opens
- Monday – St Georges Day – scones for
- Week beginning 2 May
- Tuesday – Eid ul Fitr – Bolani for snack - Stay and Play session.
9am – 10.30am
- Wednesday – Fitt4kids
- Thursday – Pre-school is closed
- Friday – Pre-school is open
- Week beginning 9 May
- Week beginning 16 May
- All transition forms for school entry to be
- Mini First Aid – Thursday
- Week beginning 23 May
- Julia Donaldson week
- Thursday – Summer trip to Warwick Castle
Leave the setting at 9.30am and return at
- All transition forms to be forwarded to
- Week beginning 30 May
- Pre-school is closed for half term
- Week beginning 6 June
- Jubilee celebration week
- Monday - Morning and lunch time
High tea for lunch.
- National gardening week
- Week beginning 13 June
- Healthy living week
- Wednesday – Fitt4kids
- Friday – Stay and Play.
- Week beginning 20 June
- National school sports week
- Details to follow
- Week beginning 27 June
- Mardis Gras week
- Tuesday - Boogie Beat
- Week beginning 4 July
- Alice in Wonderland week
- Monday Alice in Wonderland lunch
- Thursday – Mini First Aid
- Week beginning 11 July
- Friday – Graduation 2022
- Graduation lunch for all children
- End of year disco.
- After pre-school hours
- Details to follow
- Week beginning 18 July
- End of Summer Term
- Recommended time to apply for 30 hours
funding for the Autumn term is 15 – 21 July
- If you require help with completing these
forms, please apply week beginning 18 July
so Brittany is available to help.
She will not be available after pre-school
has closed for the summer holidays
- Autumn term 2022 - Pre-school reopens
Wednesday 6 September 2022
Coten End Pre-school CIO:
This is our most recent report from our last Ofsted inspection – December 2015
We are presently awaiting an inspection under our new legal status - Charity Incorporated Organisation. This new status was registered with Ofsted in November 2018.
Click here to see why we changed our legal status
Ofsted Registered and accredited member of the preschool Learning Alliance.
Registered charity Number (Reg no 1165286)
Ofsted Registered: EY562461